FFWD F6R-MB Matte Black Tubular Wheelset
• Clearance Product - This wheel is on clearance sale, and is still available at this time. We will confirm availability and delivery timing once you place your order.
• We price match! Read our price match policy here
• Free shipping on all orders over $100.
• Ships from within Canada.
• No customs duties - as much as $120.80 CAD for this product. No import taxes, brokerage admin fees or other surprises.
An aerodynamic wheel set for the competition racer. With a 60mm DARC™profile rim this is the most chosen set for competition riders or the serious enthusiasts. Strong, stiff yet lightweight in its category of carbon wheels.
All FFWD wheels with a carbon brake surface have a model specific CBT technology to optimize the brake performance.
DARC – Double Arc
FFWD DARC technology is short for ‘Double Arc’ which refers to the profile of the rim. The revolutionary DARC profile improves aerodynamics dramatically by reducing the drag. Air has the characteristic to stick to its surface and by creating a negative arc section the air will be compressed more at the positive section.
This will increase the pressure just like on the topside of an airfoil. Increased pressure results in a faster airflow and less resistance on the wheel which reduces the drag. The DARC profile is applied to all F4R, F6R and F9R models!
Carbon - TC-35
Fast Forward (FFWD) use High-Tensile TC-35 carbon for the majority of the lay-up. This gives the rim a very high strength with sufficient stiffness to cope with hard application of the wheels. So, rather than use a stiffer, but more brittle carbon type, they chose durability over ultimate stiffness. In some lay-ups they add some higher modulus sheets to increase stiffness locally.
FFWD actually use multiple layers of different types of carbon. Only the outer layer is made from a 3K weave. Underneath this layer are layers of UDF (Uni-Directional Fiber) sheets. A mixture of different angles to resemble a uniform material. Because carbon fiber can handle tension very well, they have to mix up the layers to make the rim stiff and strong enough.
CRP - Crash Replacement Policy
If you are unlucky enough to damage your FFWD wheel in an accident or by any means that is unwarrantable even outside the standard 2 year warranty, you may return your damaged wheel to FFWD who will replace your damaged carbon or alloy rim for HALF the regular price plus 50 euro's for new spokes and rebuilding by hand. For more information on this scheme please visit the Fast Forward website.
DT240S hubs by DT Swiss
The DT240 hubs are derived from its MTB version with a closed bearing sealing that offers many kilometers of service free riding.
- Superstiff High Tensile TC35 Carbon
- 60mm deep rim with DARC™ profile
- FFWD decals under clear coat
- Hand built in The Netherlands
- Rim height: 60mm
- Rim width: 22.4 mm
- Weight: 1380 grams
- Brake surface: CBT BBS
- ALL FFWD WHEELS COME WITH EXCLUSIVE WHEEL BAGS, QUICK RELEASE SET, VALVE EXTENSIONS, BRAKE PADS OR RIM TAPE
We Also Recommend
Fulcrum Racing 5 DB Clincher Wheelset
Fulcrum Racing 5 LG Clincher Wheelset
Campagnolo Bora Ultra 35 Wheelset
Miche Xpress Wheelset Fixie/Free Road-Track