FFWD F4R-SP Wheelset Special Edition Matte Black
• Clearance Product - This wheel is on clearance sale, and is still available at this time. We will confirm availability and delivery timing once you place your order.
• We price match! Read our price match policy here
• Free shipping on all orders over $100.
• Ships from within Canada.
• No customs duties - as much as $195.20 CAD for this product. No import taxes, brokerage admin fees or other surprises.
A lightweight set of wheels with proven aerodynamics, the F4R Special Edition Matte Black tubular wheels offer a mid profile carbon rim (45mm), DT Swiss 180 full carbon hubs with ceramic bearings, and FFWD's DARC technology that improves aerodynamics & efficiency.
This special has been tweaked even more to make it extremely light weight for this rim height. With the full carbon hubs and straight pull spoke pattern this set puts only 1145 grams on the scale! The high-end full carbon hubs feature ceramic bearing that have been produced exclusively for FFWD wheels. Also, to set these wheels apart from the rest they have a full outlined logos in silver.
DARC – Double Arc
FFWD DARC technology is short for ‘Double Arc’ which refers to the profile of the rim. The revolutionary DARC profile improves aerodynamics dramatically by reducing the drag. Air has the characteristic to stick to its surface and by creating a negative arc section the air will be compressed more at the positive section.
This will increase the pressure just like on the topside of an airfoil. Increased pressure results in a faster airflow and less resistance on the wheel which reduces the drag. The DARC profile is applied to all F4R, F6R and F9R models!
Carbon - TC-35
Fast Forward (FFWD) use High-Tensile TC-35 carbon for the majority of the lay-up. This gives the rim a very high strength with sufficient stiffness to cope with hard application of the wheels. So, rather than use a stiffer, but more brittle carbon type, they chose durability over ultimate stiffness. In some lay-ups they add some higher modulus sheets to increase stiffness locally.
FFWD actually use multiple layers of different types of carbon. Only the outer layer is made from a 3K weave. Underneath this layer are layers of UDF (Uni-Directional Fibre) sheets. A mixture of different angles to resemble a uniform material. Because carbon fibre can handle tension very well, they have to mix up the layers to make the rim stiff and strong enough.
CRP - Crash Replacement Policy
If you are unlucky enough to damage your FFWD wheel in an accident or by any means that is unwarrantable even outside the standard 2 year warranty, you may return your damaged wheel to FFWD who will replace your damaged carbon or alloy rim for HALF the regular price plus 50 euro's for new spokes and rebuilding by hand. For more information on this scheme please visit the Fast Forward website.
- Manufactured from super-stiff high tensile TC-35 carbon
- FFWD custom silver decals under clear coat
- Full carbon DT Swiss 180 ceramic hubs
- Hand built in The Netherlands
- This wheelset comes with exclusive wheel bags, quick release set, valve extensions & brake pads
- Weight (front): 505g
- Weight (rear): 640g
- Wheelset weight: 1145g
- Rim depth: 45mm profile rim with DARC technology
- Rim width: 22.4mm
- Rim type: tubular
- Spoke count (front/rear): 20/24
- DARC profile
- Hubs: DT Swiss 180SP with ceramic bearings and straight-pull spoke
- Shimano 9-11 or Campagnolo compatibility
We Also Recommend
FFWD Disc-WLD Rear Wheel
FFWD Disc-C-WLD Clincher Rear Wheel
FFWD Disc-C Clincher Rear Wheel
FFWD Disc Rear Wheel